Know Everything There’s to Know About a Real Estate Home Inspection
Everyone talks about home inspections, but what are they, and how can they help protect your investment? This article will focus on the typical process of a real estate home inspection from start to finish and what you can expect inspectors to look for during the inspection. Read on to learn more!
Learn More About Inspections
A real estate home inspection is a non-invasive visual examination of the structure, systems, and components of a house to be purchased. The point of the inspection is to educate the buyer on the property’s condition and reveal any defects that may affect its value or habitability. Most home inspections take two to four hours to complete and provide a written report detailing problems needing immediate attention and those which should be addressed in the near future.
What Does an Inspector Look For During a Home Inspection?
What does an inspector look for during a home inspection? Most people have no idea what to expect from a real estate home inspection. Here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect from your inspector when they come out to your property:
- The inspector will walk through the entire house with you, pointing out any problems or issues they see along the way.
- The inspector will test all of the major systems in your home—things like plumbing and electrical systems—to ensure they’re in working order and safe for habitation by humans (and pets). They’ll also check for any signs of potential leaks or water damage that could lead to mold growth or other problems later down the road.
- The inspector will look at all major components of your home’s foundation—the walls, basement ceiling, etc. They make sure there aren’t any signs of termite infestation or other pests living in there too.
The Ultimate Checklist for the Home Inspector
Most inspectors follow a detailed list of all the components that must be done and checked. This includes checking all of the wiring, plumbing, and other aspects of the house. When you hire certified home inspectors, you can expect them to perform a:
- Roof inspection
- Electrical inspection
- Foundation inspection
- Plumbing inspection
- Attic inspection
Let a Professional Evaluate Your Home
A professional home inspector will conduct a thorough inspection of both to ensure there are no problems lurking in the house that you aren’t aware of. At House Sleuths, we follow a comprehensive checklist that helps uncover all the issues and draft an insightful, easy-to-read report. Consider reaching out to us today to request more information about our inspections in Charlotte, NC.
Commercial or Home Inspections Services
- 2 day Radon Monitoring
- Wood Destroying Insect reports
- Water Quality Testing ($600+ in test results) for only $255 + $60 shipping) 107 Analytes (22 heavy metals, 7 inorganic chemical, 4 trihalomethanes, 47 VOCs, 20 pesticides, herbicides and PCBs. gasoline, oil and Uranium
- Well Inspections
- Pool and Spa inspections
- Sprinkler Inspection
- Mold inspections & air monitoring
- Asbestos testing
- lead testing
- Infrared Inspection
- Energy Audits
- Yearly Maintenance Inspections
When you get a home inspection, 2 day Radon and Wood destroying pest report. You get $100 Porch Moving credit and $125 Free Mosquito Treatment certificate from you to your client. 980-434-9944
We started House Sleuths to protect families in their biggest investment decision of their life and make sure their home is a safe environment. My father died because of Radon exposure in the home. If you know it exists it is easy to fix.